Location: Maryland, Lagos.
Level: 5yrs experience
Salary: N60k – N100k monthly (negotiable depending on experience)
Our preschool located in Maryland is looking to recruit an Experienced Nursery Teacher to join our team to teach children between the ages of 1-5 years.
- Planning and teaching lessons in line with set curriculum.
- Providing a safe and stimulating environment that facilitates learning.
- Work with children individually to gauge abilities and work towards catering to these abilities.
- Prepare an environment conducive to learning and social and academic development.
- Use various assessment tools to evaluate each child capabilities.
- Help children to develop basic learning skills (verbal, written and numeric) through fun lessons and interesting activities.
- Maintaining records, monitoring and recording progress of the children.
- Ensuring the health and safety of children and staff is maintained during all activities, both inside and outside the nursery.
- Developing and producing visual aids and teaching resources.
- Sharing knowledge gained with other practitioners and parents.
- To establish professional relationships with parents to ensure their involvement and participation in their children’s education.
- Keeping up to date with changes in the curriculum and developments in best practice.
- Maintain ongoing dialogue with other teachers and coordinators to handle curriculum integration and implementation
- Monitor the nursery class to ensure that facilities and infrastructure are optimally utilized and properly maintained.
- Ensure that the nursery school premises including class rooms, grounds, toilets and all other areas are kept at acceptable level of cleanliness, neatness and aesthetic attractiveness.
Skills & Requirement
- A recognized qualification in Early Years Education.
- Team leadership experience in an early years setting (desirable)
- At least 5 years’ early years teaching experience and knowledge of the Montessori curriculum and child development to ensure that all the children’s individual needs are met.
- The ability to organize and supervise activities for children and staff.
- Good knowledge of health and safety procedures.
- Good time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Poise and professional appearance
- Integrity and Passion for work.
How To Apply
Please use our standard online application form by clicking the apply button below.