Location: Ile-Ife, Osun state.
Remuneration: Salary plus bonus
Salary Range: 50k – 80k monthly (depending on experience)
Summary of Position:
We are a Montessori Preschool in search of a Head of School. The Head of School is accountable for the operations of the program and activities of H&CPMS, in keeping with the mission and vision of the school and the direction as set by the H&CPMS Board. The Head of School must represent the Board and embody the vision of the school in its relations with faculty, staff, students, families and the community.
- Reports directly to the Board of Directors.
- Carries out the broad educational policies established by the Board and within the limits of the financial policy set by the Board.
- Assumes the responsibility for the day-to-day operation of the school.
- Acts as liaison between the Board and the school.
- Oversees the business operations.
- Oversees the Educational Program of the school.
- Supervises all sections and staff, both teaching and non-teaching.
- Provides administrative and professional leadership for faculty and staff.
- Oversees the development, implementation, and evaluation of programs and services that support the mission, vision, and strategic goals of the school.
- Provides leadership for activities which affect the current and future development of the school (such as strategic planning and setting curricular goals).
- With the assistance of the pre-school administrator, ensures that program quality is maintained and that classrooms have appropriate instructional materials.
- Conducts regular teacher and paraprofessional evaluations and provides feedback/ coaching.
- Ensures that all staff have quality Montessori professional growth/opportunities.
- Supervises and participates in the selecting and hiring of properly-qualified persons to serve as members of staff.
- Builds relationships with prospective and current parents supporting the admission and retention of children in the school.
- Represents the school to all of its constituents including neighbourhood and community, parents, students, business community, faculty, staff and the educational community.
- Minimum of 2 years in managing/teaching at an accredited Montessori / EYFS school or child care centre.
- Master’s degree or higher from an accredited institution will be an added advantage if available.
- Demonstrated experience with strategic planning.
- Background knowledge of the fiscal and operating needs of a school.
- Montessori Certified Training or extensive hands on experience with Montessori philosophy and curriculum.
- Demonstrated ability to comply with the standards for ethical and professional performance established by the State Board of Education
How To Apply
Please use our standard online application form by clicking the apply button below