Location: Gaduwa Estate, Abuja.
Experience Level: 1-3yrs
Salary: 60k – 120k (negotiable depending on experience)
Our Preschool located in Gaduwa Estate, Abuja is looking to recruit 2 experienced Montessori Early Years Practitioners to teach and care for kids ages 2 – 4 years in preschool and nursery classes.
- Planning and teaching lessons in line with the Montessori curriculum.
- Promote the Montessori’s vision and objectives by creating appropriate curriculum.
- Providing a safe and stimulating environment that facilitates learning.
- Work with children individually to gauge abilities and work towards catering to these abilities.
- Prepare an environment conducive to learning and social and academic development.
- Use various assessment tools to evaluate each child capabilities.
- Help children to develop basic learning skills (verbal, written and numeric) through fun lessons and interesting activities.
- Maintaining records, monitoring and recording progress of the children.
- Ensuring the health and safety of children and staff is maintained during all activities, both inside and outside the nursery.
- Developing and producing visual aids and teaching resources.
- Sharing knowledge gained with other practitioners and parents.
- Keeping up to date with changes in the curriculum and developments in best practice.
- Maintain ongoing dialogue with other teachers and coordinators to handle curriculum integration and implementation
Person Specification, Skills and Qualification
- A recognized qualification in Early Years Education and Childcare.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the Montessori philosophy and curriculum. (Desirable).
- Love for children.
- Good knowledge of health and safety principles and procedures.
- Good knowledge of child safety principles.
- Able to work without supervision.
- Good time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
How To Apply
Please use our standard online application form by clicking the apply button below.