Location: Gwarinpa, Abuja
Level of Experience: 5yrs plus experience teaching in established nursery/preschool
Salary: N100k – N150k (depending on experience,)
An International School in Gwarinpa, Abuja is in search of a Head of School for their Early Years School FOR IMMEDIATE START. The ideal person will have good experience teaching early years. Experience in a leadership role is desirable.
- To maintain and improve our stimulating environment by providing a high level of quality childcare, whilst delivering positive outcomes for both children and staff.
- You will provide guidance and support to our team of enthusiastic early years teachers.
- To maintain and exceed achieved high standards of care and education.
- To effectively lead and manage the early years team including recruitment and retention, providing day to day guidance, training and support.
- To ensure all policies, procedures and curriculums are implemented and adhered to at all times.
- To keep abreast of current early childhood thinking/trends. And to keep up to date with changes in the curriculum and developments in best practice.
- To implement an effective parent liaison programme and be influential in developing strong links with parents.
- To manage all day to day operations of the nursery.
- Planning lessons in line with the set curriculum.
- Providing a safe and stimulating environment that facilitates learning.
- Developing and producing visual aids and teaching resources.
- Sharing knowledge gained with other practitioners and parents.
Skills & Qualifications
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience teaching in an established nursery/preschool.
- A recognized qualification in Early Years Education and Childcare.
- Previous leadership or supervisory experience in a an early years setting.
- Excellent knowledge of the Montessori or British Early Years curriculum and child development to ensure that all the children’s individual needs are met.
- Experience of supporting and mentoring a staff team including staff training, supervision, appraisal and development is desirable.
- Good knowledge of health and safety procedures.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work to targets and deadlines.
- Good time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong people management skills.
How To Apply
Click ‘Apply’ button below. Upload your CV using the online application form.