Job Title: Early Years Teacher
Location: Odili Road, Port Harcourt
Experience Level: 2-3 years expereince
Our preschool located on Odili Road in Port Harcourt is lookig to hire an Early years teacher, you’ll be concerned with helping children to achieve early learning goals.
- motivate and stimulate a child’s learning abilities, often encouraging learning through experience.
- provide pastoral care and support to children and give them with a secure learning environment
- assist with the development of a child’s personal, social, language and physical coordination abilities
- develop and produce visual aids and teaching resources
- encourage mathematical and creative development through stories, songs, games, drawing and imaginative play
- help children develop curiosity and knowledge
- work with others, including teaching assistants and nursery nurses as well as volunteer helpers, to plan and coordinate work both indoors and outdoors
- share knowledge gained with other practitioners and build and maintain relationships with parents
- observe, assess and record each child’s progress
- ensure the health and safety of children and staff is maintained during all activities, both inside and outside the nursery or school
- keep up to date with changes in the curriculum and developments in best practice.
- At least 2-3 years of teaching experience (EYFS) in a standard and structured school.
- Nursing Certification is an added advantage.
You will need to show:
- Knowledge and understanding of the requisite curriculum
- Respect and fondness for children
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Good organisational skills to plan the children’s day and respond to children’s different needs
- The ability to inspire and enthuse young children
- Energy, resourcefulness, responsibility, patience and a caring nature
- An understanding of the needs and feelings of children
- Ability to work independently with children, as well as being able to work in the wider nursery/school team
- A sense of humor and the ability to keep things in perspective.
- Creative skills such as music, dance, drama, arts and crafts, Chess, scrabble are advantageous.
- Hours vary depending on your setting. Daycare will be open from 7.30am until 5.30pm, The Nursery runs from 8am to 12.30pm, Afterschool care runs from 12.30pm – 5.30pm. Saturday hours runs from 8am to 5.30pm. You are expected to resume 30mins before school starts and close when the last child leaves.
- Extra hours may be required for staff meetings, inspections and parent consultations.
**Application closes on August 15th**
How To Apply
Click ‘Apply’ button below. Upload your CV using the online application form.
If you experience any difficulty using your mobile to upload your CV please use another mobile device or a computer